A Gimps View From The North

My very own space for political rantings and ravings to be kept separate from Gimp House

Saturday, May 5

FOOTBALL AND OTHER SHITE

Ok, so the local football (soccer) team managed to go up to the top league today, but did the fans really have to drive through town with blaring horns? It's not like it wasn't a foregone conclusion. I'm sure I'm not the only person in town who couldn't care less about football. Aside from just plain not liking the game, I really really resent that it and basketball are just about the only sports in this country that get any attention/support. Our tennis players get some attention if/when they win, but that's about it. Our Special Olympics aren't even getting the funding to go the next Olympics and there are some outstanding athletes who should go. What is wrong with us? Never mind. I've already answered that question here so many times I'm tired of repeating myself. I think I'll just wander over to my other blog and write some nonsense there.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Only too bad Queen Mum can't see a Redskins game too. (she'll have to come back) PS: and down a pint after!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home