A Gimps View From The North

My very own space for political rantings and ravings to be kept separate from Gimp House

Friday, May 4

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS

Last night while watching coverage of the Queen Teadrinker, I almost scratched my scalp bald. While there is no earthly reason for her not to visit and have a day at the races, I can't help but wonder what all those VIPs thought they were doing riding along in horse pulled carriages waving to the crowds as if they were also royalty. Come on, folks. They woman may be a queen, but at the same time she's a queen with extremely limited powers. Ok, so Americans are fascinated by royalty and don't really have any of their own, but really, all that syncopated cow towing? At the end of the day she's just another 81 year old woman. The only real difference between her and any other 81 year old woman is that she lives in a palace, and has tons of staff to cater to her every whim.
I do hope she enjoys her day at the races.
Following the demonstration I didn't go to on TV was interesting. The organizers decided not to have any political speakers, like members of Knesset or other pols. Too bad they didn't stick to that decision and had Meir Shalev speak. He's only one of the most political authors we have. They really should have let a non pol from the right speak too. As it was, Shalev was soundly booed.
I guess my next step should be to open a betting pool on the day of Olmert's resignation. It looks like our intrepid, incompetent, blind minister of defense will go first.
Gotta love those hizzies. Nassralla said during a book show that he admires the Winograd Commission for coming up with the same conclusions he did, and he called for Olmert to resign. Pardon me while I choke. What is he doing still walking around?

12 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Royal Spoil. I half expect some nonsense resolution from the sycophants in congress.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Purplegimp said…

    Maybe they'll try and give 'The Colonies' back to her?

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    America has its own Heiress Hill, in "her royal haughtiness". But I suppose they'd try to give heartland conservative states to her. Would she accept?

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Purplegimp said…

    I doubt it. They do have their own immigrant problem and adding ours to theirs would be just too much.
    I'm sure she's a very nice lady, but, criminy,all that bowing, curtsying and protocol is just too much.
    Maybe we could hoodwink her into taking San Franrisco?

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea, probably. I just loved "but really, all that syncopated cow towing?" Perfectly put.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Purplegimp said…

    xpressit;
    I do strive to use the correct words to say what I want to say. Thing is I kind of wrote that a little wrong. When I reread it, I get a picture of them pulling a cow along, not kowtowing! Can we just say I was distracted when wrote that?

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It really reads better the other way. I'll not complain about gafs.
    It also reminds me of madcow also, but won't further that, LOL.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (I like that name) I saw the Royal puffery at Virginia capitol complete with Indian ceremony for Queen Mum. Oh, the majestiness of it all. It may give Heiress Hill another power to be envious about. But of course if she makes Billy “world ambassador” I guess they can travel in the same circuit. A kind of self-made royalty, so to say. Rather funny when you consider it.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Purplegimp said…

    May I be so bold as to correct a wee mistake? Lizzie II is not yet the queen mum. She's the queen and a mother but, she only becomes the queen mum when Prince Flappy eared Up Chuck becomes king, unless she dies first then she just becomes the late queen. Good thing you/we don't have proper royalty. The protocol gaffs would be a nightmare.
    Heiress Hill already has the 'do not look at my eyes' part down. What next?
    If it weren't so infuriating, it would be funny. But that Cliton woman is nothing to laugh about. She's downright dangerous.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHHHH, I am out of sync with Royalty.
    Thanx.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Now I must send a retraction. When I looked, I saw something(gentle?) I never saw in Hill. If I had to choose, my preference would be "her" over hill. Oops, it might be real class verses the azz-end.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Queen Hill?? What a nightmare!! Slick prowling the White House lookin' for new conquests? A worst nightmare for parents whose daughters would be working there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home